It is our pleasure to invite you to historic Boston, Massachusetts, USA, for The IIA’s 2012 International Conference, where together we will “Revolutionize Internal Auditing” during three days of professional development and networking on the banks of the Boston Harbor.
Just as Boston is a city that pays homage to every period of America’s timeline and serves as all things to all people, The IIA’s International Conference recognizes the global diversity of the profession and offers its delegates an educational and social program that will go down in history as one of the most memorable yet.
From July 8 – 11 we will open wide the doors of the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center to more than 2,500 audit professionals traveling from near and far to experience the best the profession has to offer.
World-class keynote speakers include a U.S. astronaut, a tenured Harvard professor, and a world-renowned global futurist; inspiring concurrent sessions feature best practices and lessons learned around the world; a reception and gala will bring Boston and all its history to life; and during your free time you will have an opportunity of a lifetime to walk the cobblestone streets of Boston’s Freedom Trail, which covers two-and-a-half centuries of America's most significant past.
We are focused on delivering a program that dives into timely issues impacting the profession now and into the future. The program is currently evolving, but concurrent sessions will focus on topics including:
- Resources for Chief Audit Executives and Audit Management
- Financial Services Auditing: Investing in Your Future
- Emerging Global Issues: A Look Ahead
- Raising the Bar on Anti-fraud and Ethics
- Best Practices for Small Audit Shops
- Information Technology: Keeping up With Change
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance: Are You in Control?
- Tools and Techniques That Make a Difference
- Building a Better Leader Through Professional and Personal Development
- Public Sector and Non-profit Challenges and Opportunities
- CIA Examination Review
We encourage you to visit this site often for program updates and to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter for late-breaking conference news and exclusive offers.
2012 Conference Co-chairs:
Larry Harrington, CIA